Shade Avenue Complete Street Project
The City of Sarasota intends to construct a “complete street” on Shade Avenue from City limits (Hibiscus Street) to 15th Street, including the portion that runs thru the Alta Vista neighborhood. Way more info at City Shade Ave Complete Street website.
The City held a public workshop Aug 23 2022 as well as an online survey in August.
AVNA encourages you to complete this survey, including addressing the following suggested issues in your response, and to share any other feedback with AVNA.
* Canopy trees need to be added between Hatton and Bahia Vista.
* Pedestrian crosswalks need to be added at Bay St and at Browning St
* Fix the puddles that collect at Tami Sola and at Novus. (Major drainage issues!!!)
* sidewalk at canal overpass (North of Hatton) needs to be kept clear of sand and weeds.
* Sidewalks need to be added on the West side between Ringling and Wood St.
* Sidewalk needs to be added between Tami Sola and Bahia Vista.